This is one of the Police Charter's most popular 5 courses along with the Tactical Communications and Close Protection (Bodyguarding courses, etc.) The Police Charter’s Tactical Handcuffing programme is based upon extensive theoretical research and years of applied practical application. It is highly effective and very straightfrward to learn.
Two of the key points in handcuffing areeffective verbal and physical control of a subject in preparation to apply handcuffs and subsequent, effective application. We cover this in detail. We also try to alway minimise the risk of escalation or violence.
There are also two methods of handcuff application: passive and active. Both are covered in this programme along with search methods (subsequent to arrest) and release of your subject. We also cover use of force reporting. We have provided this training in many countries although are based in Canada.
There are Three levels of training available:
Standard certification ($179)
Advanced certification and ($249)
Instructor certification ($399)
Instruction is provided in how to control the subject from the initial encounter, and techniques that control the various types of subject resistance.
The programme’s syllabus includes:
• History and nomenclature
• Justification and liability aspects of handcuff usage
• Reading clues to potentially resistant behaviour
• Subject Control Approach
• Dealing with the totally resistant few
• Nerve Pressure Point Control Methods
• Control techniques
• Passive Handcuffing methods (ie.,Speedcuff)
• Active Handcuffing methods (to ground pin)
• Medical implications such as Positional Asphyxia
• Maintenance and workings of different types
• Safe removal of handcuffs
• Other forms of restraint
• Search and seizure
Each aspect is covered comprehensively with full interaction and practise by the officers.